Truer words have never been spoken, especially when it comes to a large obstacle to overcome.
After being on a nutrition/cardio plan from my online coach for almost 3 months, I will say that it has most definitely not been easy. But it most definitely has gotten better. So today I celebrate the small victories:
- I’m getting better at prepping my food; it’s actually a process I enjoy. I guess I’m strange like that but I really like ORGANIZING everything, especially because most other things in my life are very DISorganized.
- Getting better at posting and looking at the progress pics. This was the hardest thing to get past. At first I really did not like the idea of even having a blog let alone posting pics of myself in the state that I was in. But after sucking it up, it doesn’t seem so bad. And I wouldn’t say it’s better because I look better; it’s gotten better because I’m more comfortable with putting myself out there. Big difference.
- Getting better at enjoying the process and not obsessing over “What time is it?? Is it time for me to eat?” Case in point, I’m “overdue” to eat my next meal by 10 minutes. And I’m sitting here typing all this out NOT worrying about it.
- Getting better at managing my time. When you are on a set schedule to eat and workout, you really find time management to be a key asset. I’m probably better at planning out my day better than I have before. And I refuse to let social media be the time waster that it can be. I’ve definitely cut back on that, although if you follow me on twitter you know I still have some work to do in THAT area…. 🙂 But Facebook is getting easier and easier to avoid.
- Getting better with patience with people who do not have the same fitness goals as myself. Also getting better at becoming patient with people who have ZERO health and fitness goals. This is a big one for me because I want to help everyone. But I’m learning to accept that not everyone wants the help. However, I will say the people who HAVE reached out to me for help are very grateful for the advice and do see me as doing something positive and inspiring. So if I’m able to help at least ONE person, then it’s worth it.
On a side note: Happy Valentines Day! Echoing the words of some other bloggers, I will say I LOVE ALL MY FOLLOWERS! 🙂 Thanks for “Liking” “Retweeting” and “Following” my little journey, your support is appreciated and LOVED in return!