I know that I will live to see the Lord’s goodness in this present life.
Trust in the Lord.
Have faith, do not despair.
Trust in the Lord.
Twice the psalmist says to Trust in the Lord. Seems to me that he wanted to get this point across pretty badly if he repeated it to himself in this way.
Do I trust in the Lord this much? Do I believe, do I know, that I will live long enough to see the Lord’s goodness. Haven’t I seen the Lord’s goodness already? I think it’s easy to despair and think, “There’s too much “Bad” in this world, I can’t quite see all the “Good,” where is it?!
But I believe, even with all the “bad” and evil in this world, God has conquered and is conquering it. The more bad things happen, the more opportunity there is for the good in all of us to shine through. Think of all the disasters and tragedies that occur in a given month. Then think and look at all the good people that come out to help and assist with clean ups, with food, with relief, with hope. That’s the Lord’s goodness. He always wins.
Fit In Your Faith Today: What is one way you can see the Lord’s goodness in your daily life? In what way can you participate in that goodness? Is there a cause or an “evil” that you see as hurting others? In what way can you help and overcome all that evil with something good?
- Donation to victims of a recent disaster in your area (flood, fire, accident)
- Thank You Card or handmade card to someone who was in the hospital/recently sick/recovering from illness
- A fundraiser for someone who recently was diagnosed with a terminal disease
- Making food or bringing by homemade items to an invalid/recluse
- Visiting someone in a nursing home or assisted living who has no family to visit them
- Planting flowers or a garden in memory of someone who has recently passed
Your action, however “small” you may think it is, goes a long way to show others how there are still “good” people in this world. You can remind them that they too need to Trust in the Lord. The good always prevails.