Some noted accomplishments/milestones/cool things happening:
- 6 Pack Abs do exist in my world: Yes I have abs…like a 6-pack. Maybe a 4 pack if I’m being completely unbiased. But seriously, I have never had one. Pretty awesome. And this isn’t vanity talking. This is a milestone that I’m proud of. This is the result of what hard work and taking care of your body looks like. And while I could post a photo of them, that’s what the Progress Photo’s Page is for. 🙂
- People who Get It: I have new friends like Callista and her husband Jason who are both competing in the same competition. So we’re going through all of this together. Callista and I even practiced posing yesterday on our own and recorded it for our review – We both concur that we’re getting better slowly but surely!
- Baker, Baker, Bake me a Protein Cake: I’m learning to cook new recipes that I probably wouldn’t have even considered doing due to just pure laziness on my part. I’m making post-workout snacks instead of relying on pre-packaged processed foods. It feels good to bake some protein pancakes, and they are deeelicious!
- Spiritual Awareness: I’ve gotten more out of going to my church and mass than I have probably ever in my life. I think my Mom has a lot to do with this because I’ve always wanted to be like her. But I seriously feel like when you don’t have distractions in your life, you can devote more time to the important things. Not sure what it is but I think when my day is planned out, and I stick to it like I stick to my meals, than I can focus on what’s really important in life. Hmmm….maybe it’s a reach but I think one does have a lot to do with the other. Or maybe it’s because it’s Sunday and I got a lot out of the homily today.
- Internationally Known: My relatives in Italy have been looking at my blog and my Dad says it’s all in Italian (well, duh) but just knowing at some point these relatives who haven’t even met me (well one has met me a handful of times) can follow along in my journey too gives me goosebumps. What’s the Italian phrase for “Gotta love technology!”
- Branding From Fit To Figure: I have a logo now for the website in case you haven’t noticed. Working on getting t-shirts made for my supporters to wear the day of the competition as well as these interviews I’ve been conducting. I’m learning so much from them and I hope my readers have too! This isn’t just for me at this point – this is for anyone looking to compete someday.
Oh Happy Sunday, I hope I have more of you in the coming weeks!