So I’ve only been blogging for less than 6 months and already been nominated for a Liebster Award! Thank you to Fe from Fe’s Big Thoughts for nominating me!
Here is what this award means in the blogging world:
The real “gist” of the Liebster Award is that there is no real award. There are no judges, no special rules. No website with an official team to congratulate you and hold your hand. It’s mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can 1) accept it and 2) pass it along. It’s that easy.
Here are the Rules of the Award:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3.Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post. ***I’m doing however many I include below! 😉
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
Okay so 11 Facts About Me:
1. I’m a die-hard Cleveland sports fan. This is not only a fact but a huge achievement to stay loyal to such horrible teams. But this year seems to be our Year of Improvement so high hopes for maybe some playoffs for my Tribe and Browns. (Not getting too excited for the Cavs…we got a few more seasons to improve).
2. I lived in Chicago for over 7 years from 2002-2009 and made friends with the 3 best friends a girl could ask for. Although we all live in different parts of the country now, we still remain close.
3. I have 2 nephews whom I adore and brag about any chance I get.
4. I still have a condo in Oak Park Illinois where I used to live and currently rent it out but looking for a new tenant starting in May. Any takers?
5. I never learned to swim and would probably drown if I was thrown in a pool. Seriously.
6. I ran one full marathon and 2 half marathons. I would have run 2 full marathons if it hadn’t been for Chicago 2007 when they canceled the race when I was at mile 16 due to heat. Who knew it would be close to 90 degrees in October?!
7. I raised over $2,000 for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for my marathon in 2010 in honor of my Mom and my second cousin Russ. Russ is still doing well after getting a bone marrow transplant.
8. I’ve never been to the Grand Canyon and would love to get there someday.
9. I met Cookie Monster. And he’s as awesome as you think he is.
10. I drove Tommy Lee in a 15 passenger van in Peoria Illinois when he was in town for a tv show. I almost went down the wrong way down a one way street and he joked that I was trying to kill him.
11. I got fired from my first job when I moved to Chicago. But as they say, “It builds character.” 😉
Here are the questions Fe posed to me and the other bloggers she nominated:(My answers in bold). This totally reminds me of those old “chain letter emails” that used to be passed around when Email was NEW. Remember those days? Before Facebook? Ahhh memories.
What is your dream car? Gosh I’m not a big car person but I would have to say I do dig a nice convertible; who doesn’t dream about driving down the coastline with the wind in their hair? I picture myself in a blue one.
What is the fastest you have driven a car? Supposedly I was doing 80mph when a cop pulled me over. I can’t believe I would get my Civic up that fast. But that’s probably the fastest I’ve ever gone. I’m a rebel.
Do you have any unrealized passions in your life? Ummm YES! HA! Entering the figure competition being number one but I would also say getting my dream job of helping people of all walks of life accomplish their fitness goals and inspire them. Yes I’m doing that now training people and blogging etc but I would love a job that takes a more direct approach and reaches a multitude of people in various fields (going to their actual places of business and literally bringing the education to THEM). A Wellness Director somewhere is what I would love to do.
What is your Favorite Book?: “The Hiding Place” by Corrie Ten Boom and “The Four Hour Work Week” by Timothy Ferris
Explain a little bit why you prefer your favorite genre of music: I like all genres except hardcore rap and country. I like to think I give any band/music group a listen before completely writing them off as something I don’t like.
Who would like to meet in the celebrity sphere? Well 5 or 6 years ago I would say Tori Amos and I did get to meet her so that’s done. My top three nowadays would be: From the fitness world: Phil Learney because he seems to read my mind when it comes to health and wellness and childhood obesity prevention; from the Entertainment world: Jim Gaffigan so he can just talk and make me laugh. From the acting world: Johnny Depp because he’s hot and absolutely nuts.
Who is your hero? That’s and easy one, Mom. 🙂
What has been your greatest struggle? Physically when I was in the hospital 4 years ago with C-diff. That took me a couple of months to recover and was half the reason I moved home from Chicago to Cleveland. The other half was for Mom because she was diagnosed with lymphoma at the same time. Mentally I would say this past month was my biggest struggle – definitely sunk to an all-time low as far as motivation is concerned and my spirit in general seemed to be diffused. But I’m getting back out of it now.
How did you decide to begin blogging? When I made the decision to train to compete for a competition I thought this was a great way to be held accountable. I didn’t see too many others blogging about their “year” to make it to a fitness competition at the time so I thought maybe people besides my family would be interested to follow it.
What are your favorite colors? Blue and Purple.
What is your philanthropy? I assume you mean what are my values that are important to me? Well, I would say having a spiritual philosophy is important. I don’t see how anyone can have no faith in something or some higher power when going through a tragedy. It definitely helps. Also, if people just treat others with love and respect, I would think this whole world and humanity in general would definitely be restored. Easier said than done I suppose.
I need to spend the next couple days searching some other blogs to get my nominations going.
Thanks again Fe!