Today marks exactly 90 days since I started this whole Figure Competition training journey.
Here are some highlights and even some lowlights of this process so far:
- I’m not and probably will never be a big fan of eating 5-6 small meals every 2 hours. Although this is how I’ve been eating since hiring my coach, I still don’t think it’s realistic nor ideal for anyone just trying to maintain their weight. I have found that if I wasn’t drinking all my water, I would feel like I was starving about an hour after I ate something. This only lead to “cheating” on two occasions and the “cheats” were protein bars. Not the worst, but this was definitely a mental game that I have fought with myself and I would say the most difficult part thus far.
- My life currently revolves around food: planning food, making food, thinking about food, buying food, reading about food. I can see how one can easily become obsessed. However, I have found new and delicious foods that I would never have eaten if not for my training.
- I count down the minutes until I can workout. Besides food, working out is now part of my routine once a day at minimum and twice a day most of the time. I actually LOOK FORWARD to going to the gym. This really isn’t anything new for me but I love the workouts I am doing because there is variety involved and when you see the results literally as you’re doing it, it makes it all worth it to me.
- I have the most amazing family and friends and co-workers. So many people have commented, complimented, inquired, and just plain patted me on the back to say what a great job I am doing with this. And the best part is, in my opinion, the fun hasn’t really started yet! I even inspired a friend to hire my coach too. She may not even compete but she is impressed with the results I have shown and actually loves having a simple meal plan to follow too. So who knows, maybe one day I’ll be on stage with her!
- Shopping for jeans that fit because most if not all of your jeans
don’t fitare embarrassingly huge is not a bad problem to have. This is one time I wish I owned a belt. And if belts looked good on me. And if I weren’t so cheap.
- Socializing is a challenge. Although technically I am not in full prep mode just yet, I have been as diligent as I can when going out with friends. I pack my food in my oh-so-cute Sachi lunch bags so it’s not completely obvious I have food in them.
- Lastly, as promised, here are the most current pics. And this time with my face! 🙂 Forgive the “just woke up” look…I wasn’t about to put make up on and doll myself up at 5:45 in the morning today. Ha!